Monday, August 13, 2012

First Post

This is my first blog - so please bear with me.
My name is Carolyn Guild (I'm sure you figured that one out) my maiden name was Carter. My father, Dr. Harold Carter is basically responsible for my interest in photography, along with my husband Whitney. Dad always had a RolieFlex around his neck.... and encouraged me to take cameras with me.... and bring home memories - as he used to say. One thing led to another, and here I am spending a good portion of life, camping, hiking, spending time out in our natural world - making photographs. Printing (I love printing) getting work framed - exhibiting my photographs - giving talks about the hows and the whys and the wherefors.....

I'm fortunate to have several wonderful galleries to represent me, and handle sales. Starting with:
Susan Spiritus Gallery, Newport Beach
Eric Phleger, Encinitas, California Gallery  on ArtNet
Coda Gallery, Park City, Utah
Galerija Birkenfelds, Riga, Latvia
Mr. Hal Gould, Denver, Colorado *The man in the darkroom* - now retired from curating his gallery, to have more time to make photographs!  

I'll end with one of my favorite photographs (at this point in time - although you might say they are all my favorite...)

No comments:

Post a Comment